Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trying to make it all come together.

I'll be the first to say, there's a hell of a lot going on in this photo.



I ended up with 10 players for a portrait. 10 PLAYERS!!! I how the hell are you supposed to make a portrait with 10 people work without it looking like a team shot. I was stressing out about this assignment for a few hours today. When I got there, I saw how the outlets were conveniently installed near old bleachers... and behind the bleachers are was a wooded area. These are the All Saints Cougars... cougars live in the woods right? They also come out on cloudy days to play baseball and softball I guess.

Anyway, I think this photo would have been a disaster without the bleachers. I used them to contain the situation. If this photo had any chance of working I would have to make a few kids more prominent than the others, which may piss some parents off but I can't please everyone.

I placed the kids unevenly on the bleachers, and then balanced the sides with the two kids with the bats. I noticed how serious and focused the kid front and center was so I had him hold his hat and lean forward. Had he been wearing his hat I think his eyes would have been hidden and would conceal his attitude. He also holds a good solid center in a photo that has a lot going on.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Nice... too bad the chick in the back didn't get the "no smiling" memo.