Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Released



Donna Yost is a name heard quite a bit in this part of Michigan. Today she moved into an apartment in Bay City. She hoists a dreamcatcher above her head where she plans on putting her bed.

Yost had been accused of killing her 7-year-old daughter in 1999. She was released last month after she agreed to plead no contest to child abuse. The no-contest plea is not an admission of guilt. "I never did hurt my daughter, but I feel because of my being highly depressed, I had to accept this to put this behind me and be with my family," Yost said. Yost was convicted of first-degree murder for the death of her 7-year-old daughter Monique Yost, who died from a fatal dose of prescription medication. The conviction was overturned last year, and a new trial was to start next week in Midland.

This photo shows emotion that you rarely see in Donna.

Thoughts?

No comments: